Monday 16 January 2012

There is a fine line between HOT and NOT

Hi everyone!

This season I've been really in to the chunky-heeled brogue, sported by the likes of Alexa Chung. I think it oozes bohemian style without being too OTT. I snagged myself a pair of light tan leather heeled brogues in the Office sale a few months back and they have been a life-saver for those days when I want a little extra hight or maybe I just want to dress up an outfit. The pair beneath are not the same ones I have, but I think Topshop have caught the essence of this shoe perfectly:


But as is often the way with fashion, high street stores such as office have just taken the trend a little too far. The great thing about this shoe is the simplicity of it, overload it with patterns and it's just another tacky 80's shoe to send to the charity shop in three months. Exhibit a) :


Exhibit b) :


So I beg of you, fashionable people, to go with the simple and elegant. It's wonderful to have statement pieces, but there's a fine line between HOT and NOT.

See you on the flip side,

Back To The Fuchsia x

1 comment: