Thursday 19 January 2012

Forget Ying and Yang, make it Candles and Ugg boots!

Hi everyone!

 So work stress has really been getting to me at the moment, and I figure it must be getting to some others in cyberspace space right now. So here are my top 5 beauty/fashion related de-stressers that really seem to work for me: 

 1) Burning my Space NK 'Enrapture Candle'. Not only does the candle have a gloriously subtle floral smell but I find that it's generally relaxing to have candles around you as it sets a calming atmosphere, this is definitely a fave of mine: 



 2) My Neals Yard Rose and Pomegranate Bath oil. This soothing bath oil has a lovely musky-ness to it with under-tones of rose and the sweetness of pomegranate. I love to add a few drops of this to my bath if I'm feeling particularly run down or achey; it works like a charm and is a must-have for those rare evenings when you have lots of time to yourself and a chance to unwind. If you're interested in this product check out Neals Yard Remedies online or in stores such as the Kings Road branch London. :



 3) my Ugg boots. It sounds silly to put this on my list, but honestly there's nothing worse than cold feet! I pair these with my most comfy pair of PJs on cold nights (and lazy Sundays)if I want to be really relaxed and cosy. Check them out in the Ugg store if you're interested, they're an investment but totally worth it! :



 4) Glamour Magazine. Don't get me wrong, I adore pawing the pages of Vogue, Grazia, Marie Claire etc, but I'm a Glamour girl at heart. The great thing about Glamour is how cheap it is, I don't know about you but £4.95 for one Vogue is a little much. Glamour have achieved the perfect combination between fashion, beauty, gossip and advice. Many of my favourite beauty products are those recommended by Glamour... + they come with super goodies from time to time! :



 5) My BodyShop nail polishing block. I don't know why, but I just can't relax unless my nails look at least reasonably good. The block keeps my nails looking shiny, smooth and strong without the need for polish. It has four sides, one for filing, one for removing ridges, one for creating shine and one for smoothing. At £4.00 I would highly recommend this product! :


So there you have it, my top 5 beauty/fashion de-stresses. I hope this helps someone out there to cope with stress as much as it's helped me!

See you on the flip side, 

 Back To The Fuchsia x

4 comments:

  1. I neeed those things right now!! So busy and stressed xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the Kardashians are on the from of this month's glamour?! as soon as I wake up tomorrow I'm going to get it from the newsagents...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was a new years special? Not sure if it's still available. Definitely check it out tho! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete