Thursday 26 January 2012

'I'm Glam Therefore I Am' by Benefit- Review

Hi Everyone!

So my birthday was in October, and my lovely uncle got me this gorgeous Benefit makeup set. I've been using all the different components of the set separately, but haven't actually tried them all out together. So what better time than a thursday night right? Alrighty, lets GO:

As you can see, the packaging is stunning! It's quite a big compact, 10cm x 14cm. Now I personally prefer this as it's like an alternative to a makeup bag, it has practically everything you'd need in it and REALLY everything if I pair it with my Benefit 'Realness of Concealness' compact. :



Opening it really is like uncovering a treasure trove..so many beautiful goodies:



The set contains 'Girl Meets Pearl' which is a shell pink face luminator, 'Glamming Face Powder' with brush, four eyeshadows (from left) in 'Pink Fancy', 'Icy Lilac', 'Posh Amethyst' and 'Precious Pewter'. 'BADgal Lash' mascara and 'Life On The A-List' lip gloss. 

Before I switched to 'Volume Million Lashes'  by L'oreal, this is the mascara I used, I only switched to L'oreal's to have a bit of variety...but I keep coming back to BADgal! Its brilliant and gives my lashes a natural look whilst volumising and separating them. The 'Life On The A-List' lip gloss is a very pretty nude that pairs perfectly with the makeup in this compact.

'Girl Meets Pearl' is described as 'liquid pearl for the face', but it's basically just a luminiser,  I  really love it, it brightens up my face without changing my natural skin tone and evens out my imperfections so that, on a good day I don't need foundation or concealer at all!

The 'Glamming Face Powder' has a gorgeous subtle shimmer that's perfect for any occasion, I wear it most days and  love it!

I'm absolutely in love with these eyeshadows. They remind me of precious stones, and lots of their names are inspired by them! The eyeshadows aren't too shimmery which I mush prefer as I can layer them without clash. To be honest, I'd buy the compact just for these little gems!


Now for the fun part: 3..2..1 :

Before:

After:






I really adore this product and would recommend it to absolutely everyone! Admittedly, it's a bit of an investment at £30.00 but it really is worth it, everything in it is of the highest quality, and it's so incredibly handy! Hope you enjoyed :D

See you on the flip side,

Back To The Fuchsia x





2 comments:

  1. Hey, that looks great! At a farawy glance in the drugstore, this box looked a little juvenile to me, but I can see that I was wrong. It looks like there's some pretty stellar product in that box. Nice review!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yeah it's my baby now, absolutely love it! I'd definitely check it out :) thanks for reading :D xxx

    ReplyDelete