Tuesday 24 January 2012

Go Clinique ladies!

Hi Everyone!

So my mum returned from Selfridges yesterday with a little something for me. She bought me this gorgeous Clinique lipstick in Rouge Impact Extreme Pink 19 (catchy name I know). She's tried it out in store and it hadn't suited her but she said she knew it would suit me..and she was right! It's a bold colour that can be versatile if blotted for a pretty pink or layered for a more dressy look. 



As you can see above, the packaging is very elegant and the cap has a slow closing mechanism which helps to avoid smushed lipstick top (I problem I have with lipsticks). It's very slightly green in colour which is one of my favourite shades and coordinates well with the rest of my make-up bag (oh the things that excite me..).



The lid has a cute 'C' on it just in case I forget the brand! I love the subtle shimmer of the lipstick, it makes it such an interesting shade to wear.



As you can see from my swatch, the lipstick shows up much paler on my hand, but luckily the colour translates perfectly on my lips! It's not nearly as sheer as it appears to be, it might just be the light (hey..you try taking a picture with only one hand for focus and zoom on a Canon EOS..it's hard :'( )


The colour translates perfectly onto my lips, the texture of the lipstick is smooth and not at all sticky! It glides on fuss-free and nourishes my lips too. A definite ***** and must have! I'd definitely recommend this shade to anyone with dark hair and olive skin, but I'm sure it's look great on somebody with extremely light colouring, I'm afraid in-betweeners (ha) might be excluded, but there are a huge selection of other shades, so go crazy! At £16 the lipstick isn't cheapest on the market, but it's definitely worth it. Available at most large Boots, Selfridges, House of Fraser and Debenhams, as well as other stores nationwide, see online for details.

See you on the flip side,

Back To The Fuchsia x


2 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous colour :D I've heard good things about Clinique's lip products...I might need to get one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the pay-off is great :D I'd definitely recommend it! And the colour stays for ages. Ah do and let me know how it works for you :) xx

    ReplyDelete